No matter if you’re connecting to the internet through your phone, your tablet, or your computer; you’re taking a risk if you’re unprotected. Intelligent online attackers are building themselves to come equipped with the intelligence needed to prey upon novices who are unaware of how harmful it can be to browse the internet without proper defenses.
When your PC has enough security to protect you against online attacks that could cost you more than just financially in the future, you can safely browse the web. Included in this list is some of the best virus protection software that is compatible with Windows so you can get back to doing what you love, and do it safely.
Windows Virus Protection
You may not be aware of it, but viruses come in all different varieties, and some are built to attack specific things, while others are made to attack your computer as a whole. Some viruses may specialize in feeding off of Windows-based applications, while others attack OSx software. Here are some of the top rated Windows virus protection software, and everything you need to know about them.
- 360 Total Security: The software protects over six million people worldwide and comes in three different packages. The 360 Total Security Essential and 360 Total Security are both free protection software, while the 360 Premium Membership costs $14.99 USD a year, includes three devices, and includes features such as data shredding, disk analyzing, and firewalls.
- Vipre Advanced Security: Vipre Business Protection and Vipre Home Protection offer you everything you need to ensure you’re completely covered. The advanced system is award-winning and can protect against even the most intelligent viruses that have been able to sneak past other virus solutions. They have a variety of packages available, depending on the number of PC’s you need to get covered, and range in price from $30 USD to $70.
- Comodo: As one of the few that offers a financial guarantee, Comodo has proven to be a leader in malware and online protection. In addition to the $500 virus-free certainty, you also get a firewall, sandbox, virtual desktop and a wide variety of packages that range from $3.99 to $245.98 USD.
- Panda: With three different packages, Panda offers security that ranges from $25 to $50, and they do it with award-winning innovation. Aside from full protection, you receive 24/7 customer support, 30-day money-back guarantee, and a security system that promises not to bog down your devices.
- eScan: Developed in India, eScan has made a global name for themselves in anti-virus protection and IT security. eScan works with MicroWorld technology to scan all incoming and outgoing traffic to ensure your Internet connection is safe. The company offers a wide range of products to suit all platforms for approximately $30 USD.
- G Data: G Data is a German antivirus solution that protects your device with the most up to date technology, allowing you the freedom of surfing the web without any concern. The company offers a range of packages from $29.95 to $49.95 USD and is most reliable in anti-virus and privacy protection.
- BullGuard: The 2018 edition of BullGuard claims to be their best protection yet for the already award-winning protection software. They provide antivirus, internet security, and game-boosting software that optimizes the performance of your PC. On top of that, they have a 9.4/10 TrustPilot rating, 100% Real-World Protection Test detection, and offer a free trial.
- Zone Alarm: Named pcmag.com’s Editors’ Choice for antivirus protection, Zone Alarm provides three core packages that tailor to your specific protection needs. Your PC gets protected from ransomware, viruses, cyber attacks, spyware, and more. There are over 100 million users of Zone Alarm, and depending on the sale, the multi-layer system could cost as little as $40 and include a free trial.
- F-Secure: Voted by AV-Test as the best protection in the world, F-Secure is quickly making its way up the ranking of best antivirus software. It offers automatic updates, malware removal, virus protection and has two select packages available for $39.99 USD.
- McAfee: One of the most world renown antivirus software is The software comes preinstalled on many versions of Windows, depending on the PC manufacturer, and offers you a free trial. There are total protection plans that are available to secure one device, and upwards of ten. On top of that, McAfee also offers extra tools to heighten your security such as data backup, anti-theft, their trademark True Key password protection, and parental controls. Subscriptions usually range from $30 to $40 USD.
- AVG: Over the course of the last few years, AVG has gotten extremely popular with the great protection that they offer to consumers in their Ultimate License. Some of the most recent inclusions to their security software include personal folders with extra ransomware protection, as well as webcam security that prevents strangers from hacking into your camera devices. There are multiple packages that you can choose from and range upwards of $70 per year.
- Malwarebytes: Known to be the most extensive and thorough malware removal software on the market, Malwarebytes works alongside your antivirus software to provide additional security and PC cleanup. You can opt-in on a basic version that is free or purchase their premium version if you have no other antivirus software.
- Norton by Symantec: As one of the oldest brand names in online security and safety, Norton has earned the right to be referred to as one of the best antivirus systems that can be purchased. It’s used by hundreds of millions of people around the world, including businesses from all industries. They have a variety of packages available that suit both personal and business needs, and their subscriptions can start as low as $20.
When choosing an antivirus software, it’s vital that you compare multiple brands with each other. While the majority are going to get the job done and protect your computer from viruses and other potentially damaging threats, you’re going to want to ensure that the software works best for you. Confirm that you’re getting something that has the right tools and features that are going to help make your computing experience more comfortable, and safer.
Have you ever used any of these antivirus software? Have they worked for you?